Large-scale, cost-optimised storage and injection systems (SP4) aims to integrate the value chain architecture in order to enable the creation of large-scale storage and injection hubs.
- Using results from SP2 to identify the most promising offshore concepts for different ship sizes
- Using results from SP3 and use case scenarios to identify the most promising concepts for large-scale aquifer storage,
- Coordinating with SP3 to assess interactions between the injected fluid and reservoir through modelling and experiments in order to evaluate the possibility of high-rate intermittent injection,
- Identifying suitable market segments for offshore loading, and
- Studying 1-2 of the identified concepts in more detail to identify knowledge gaps, cost estimations, etc.