Compact, low OPEX offshore CO2 capture (SP1) aims to develop an unmanned CO2 capture technology with low operating expenses (OPEX) for decarbonising natural gas production. This will enable zero-emission offshore power production and future blue hydrogen production.
- Determining deployment opportunities for low OPEX carbon capture technology in offshore and onshore value chains,
- Benchmarking innovative technologies to support offshore, unmanned CO2 capture,
- Integrating generic CO2 capture technology with offshore processing and production equipment in order to reduce energy consumption,
- Developing advanced process controls to automate generic CO2 capture processes, and
- Developing a digital twin for CO2 capture technology that will facilitate unmanned operation and a low OPEX.